REQUIREMENTS: View Sample Abstract
SUBMISSION: Abstracts must be submitted electronically via the Society for Biological Therapy (SBT) website at www.socbiother.com
FORMAT: Abstracts must be submitted as a Word document
FONT: Font size must be 12 point
LENGTH: 350 word maximum
The following guidelines address key factors that the SBT Annual Meeting Scientific Program Committee considers when reviewing abstracts. Attention to these details will assist the Review Committee in making their decision.
- Abstracts should contain a concise statement of the problem under investigation; describe experimental methods used; contain specific findings and data (promises such as “the results to be completed” are not appropriate); and contain conclusions based on the data presented (statistical analyses should be used when appropriate to support the conclusions). View Sample Abstract
- Define all concepts and abbreviations at first use. Do not use abbreviations in the title of the abstract. View Sample Abstract
- Abstracts are considered official communications to the conference, and will be published in the Journal of Immunotherapy.
- Receipt of abstracts will be acknowledged via an e-mail to authors upon successful submission.
- Notification for those abstracts selected for award or presentation will be sent by mid-September. *Please remember to check the award eligibility box when submitting your abstract.
- For review and scheduling purposes, you must select a category that most clearly fits the subject of your abstract. The categories for the 2001 Annual Meeting are as follows:
- Vaccine/Dendritic Cells
- Antibody Therapy
- Gene Therapy
- New Agents in Development
Within each category of submitted abstracts, several will be selected for oral presentation. The remainder will be presented during the conference poster sessions. View Sample Abstract
Submit Your Abstract