History of the International Society for Biological Therapy of Cancer (iSBTc)
The Society for Biological Therapy was founded in 1984 with 40 charter members. The Society currently has over 500 members consisting primarily of MDs, PhDs, RNs, and corporate representatives. Scientific and business meetings have been held annually since the first Annual Meeting of SBT in 1986. At the 2002 business meeting held November 9, 2002, the SBT membership voted to officially change the name of the Society and it thus became the International Society for Biological Therapy of Cancer (iSBTc).
Goals and Objectives of iSBTc
The purpose and mission of the International Society for Biological Therapy of Cancer (iSBTc) is to bring together those individuals actively involved in the preclinical and clinical investigation of biological agents in the treatment of cancer. The objectives of the society are to:
- Develop and promote educational programs, including an annual meeting, which advance and promote the Society’s purpose and mission
- Develop and promote training and credentialing programs in biological treatment of cancer
- Collaborate with and support other scholarly societies and organizations for the purpose of advancing and promoting iSBTc’s purpose and mission
- Conduct clinical trials with biological agents in the treatment of cancer and create and support consortia and alliances with other organizations pursuing similar trials
- Engage in such other educational, training and informational activities as will further or promote the Society’s purpose and mission
Benefits of iSBTc Membership
- Subscription to Journal of Immunotherapy, the official journal of iSBTc. The cost of the Journal of the iSBTc is included in annual membership dues.
- Early registration opportunities for Society meetings
- Reduction in Annual Meeting registration fees
- Sponsorship of abstracts for presentation at Annual Meetings, with eligibility for Presidential Award
- Annual Directory of Members
- Annual Meeting Program & Abstracts
- iSBTc website: www.isbtc.org
Membership Application Requirements and Annual Dues
Fellow Membership ($195 annual dues) is available only to MDs and PhDs who have been iSBTc members of any class, current in dues for at least 2 years. Fellowship includes the right to vote and hold office.
Regular Membership ($195 annual dues) requires the applicant to have a MD or PhD in a biological science or the equivalent and be an active, bona fide representative of the international scientific community with a specialty or interest in a field related to the biological therapy of cancer. Regular membership includes the right to vote and hold office.
Associate Membership ($140 annual dues) requires the applicant to have a degree and a specialty or interest in a field related to the biological therapy of cancer. Associate membership includes allied health professionals, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, technicians and other areas related to the biological therapy of cancer. Associate membership does not include the right to vote or hold office.
Affiliate Membership ($195 annual dues) is available to individuals active in the discovery and translation of biological therapy of cancer who do not otherwise meet the requirements for Fellow, Regular or Associate membership. Affiliate membership does not include the right to vote or hold office.
Corporate Membership ($275 annual dues) is available to one representative from a company active in the discovery and translation of biological agents. Corporate membership includes the right of one vote per corporation. Corporate members are not eligible to hold office.
Memberships may and shall be transferred from one class to another by action of the iSBTc Board of Directors.
Membership Application Instructions
1. Check the membership category for which you are applying.
2. Fill in the appropriate contact information.
3. Have this form or a copy signed by the iSBTc member who is nominating you or, in lieu of a member’s signature, please list two individuals (and their complete contact information) who are familiar with your work.
4. Return application form, with a copy of your curriculum vitae or educational resumé and application fee to the iSBTc office.
Online Membership Application
Printable Membership Application (PDF file)
Pay Dues Online
Change Address Online